Pages

March 11, 2012

Day 49, 5th October 2011. Texas - Carlsbad, New Mexico

This day was so boring that I have NO photos at all.

We left at 7am so it was another early morning. It was one of the furthest driving days we had done in the whole trip. As we had been spending so much money, Gary and I made a pact that we were going to spend no money at all today, because we kept spending money on things we didn't need. Before we left camp we filled up empty bottle with water at the tap so we didn't waste money on drinks.

Most of the day in the van I read Mockingjay and tried to sleep. The first 2 gas stops we stuck to our no spendng rule and didn't buy a thing. As soon as we walked in the gas station I wanted some Sour Patch but Gary wouldn't let me. In the afternoon we stopped at Walmart and it was so hard to not buy anything. Gary had to break the rules to get me a birthday card because he didnt know if he woud get another chance. A few hours later we stopped at another gas station and my urge for an ice cream overcame me and the no spending rule was well and truly out of the window. We did only spend $4 for the entire day so I thought that was pretty good.

We arrived at camp at 3.30pm because we gained an hour on the drive. Oncewe had set up our tents, me and Kirsty went to have showers. They were tiny and gross. There was not even any place to put your clothes apart from on the floor.

Sat in the tent while waiting for dinner because there were loads of flies around. I can't remember what we had for dinner but I didn't like it. Haha, how unexpected..! Me and Kirsty were on washing up, and as all the other groups had 3 people but we only had 2, Gary had said he would help us. He was totally fine with doing that until some of the boys in the other group invited him to play a game with them. So he just ran off and left me and Kirsty and I was really annoyed with him.

After me and Kirsty had finished washing up we just sat in the tent for a while and made bracelets. Gary eventually came back and then we just all went to bed. This was a totally crap and boring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment