Pages

April 26, 2012

Day 70, 26th October 2011. Anaheim


It was so nice to finally not have to do anything today. Even so, I woke up quite early, at 8am, but it was nice to just lay around in bed watching TV and stuff for a while. Gary woke up with the big idea that he wanted to get an iPad, so we looked up where the closest Walmart was.
At about 9.30am, Gary went down to put some laundry on, and once it was done we put it in the dryer and went to Ihop to get some breakfast.

Grounds of the HoJo



Ihop was just down the road from our hotel, and by the time we got back, the laundry was dry. We got a taxi to take us to the closest Walmart, which was not very far away at all. When the taxi driver dropped us off, he gave us his number so we could ring him when we wanted to be picked up. 


Gary got his iPad, you can tell by now that we were not concerned by how much money we were spending, we just decided to make the most of everything and not worry about the cost. I also got some bits and pieces while we were in there. It was our last ever trip to Walmart, so I felt sad and felt the need to get loads of stuff. I got loads of bracelet making stuff, loads of CoverGirl make up, and we also got a load of food that we could have for breakfast and lunch for the rest of the week to save money so we wouldn't be buying so much food in the parks.

I'm such a loser that I really did feel sad knowing it was the last of so many trips to Walmart that we had enjoyed over the past 10 weeks.The taxi driver came to pick us up and we went back to the hotel. When we got there Gary was disappointed when he realized that he would have to connect his iPad to a computer before he could use it, but there was no time to be worrying about that now because Downtown Disney was calling my name.




This was our first chance to actually look around Downtown Disney, because on Monday we had just quickly walked through while walking to the Rainforest. Of course it was small compared to the Orlando version, but there were still a lot of stores and lots of things to buy.



The World of Disney store was the first stop. I actually didn't buy that much because I wanted to leave all my big purchases until later in the week. It was still nice to look around and see what there was in there, and I think I bought a few small things. Of course I couldn't set foot in there and buy nothing!





We walked along going in and out of all of the shops, deciding on all the things we wanted to buy, and then I saw the Disneyland Hotel and asked Gary if we could go and have a look around it. Gary thought this was a bit of a weird thing for me to want to do, because he doesn't really get it, but I really wanted to see the hotel.





It was a really nice hotel, of course it would be my dream to stay there, but we would never ever be able to afford it. There was some construction work going on which was a little annoying, but I got to see what the hotel was like so I was happy. They had free cookies and lemonade in the lobby, they were so good. It was literally the best lemonade I have ever tasted. I was then on the search for the Rose Court Garden, because it looks so pretty in photos that I have seen. It is a wedding location and of course my interest in Disney Weddings meant I had to see it. 




It is so pretty, and I thought of you, Hope, when I was there, definitely one of the most beautiful places in the world to get married!

We then went back to get some more lemonade from the hotel, and then wandered around Downtown Disney a bit more.


This is so random, a kiosk vending machine thing where you can buy electrical products...


Lego store







For dinner, we went to ESPN Zone. Basically the food was awful, which was a shame. It seems like others have had a good experience there, so I think we were just unlucky. Gary enjoyed the theming and all the sports screens.


When we got back to the room it was only 5pm, but we were so exhausted that we just didn't want to do anything all evening. Gary was upset that he couldn't play on his iPad, and I just spent the time painting my nails. We ordered some take out food from Mimi's to eat in the room, and I spent ages fussing about what I was going to wear for our engagement photos tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I know which Walmart you went to! We pass it on the freeway on the way to Disneyland. It's only a few exits away. I'm glad you got to go one last time. (Can you believe I've never been into a Walmart in CA? lol)

    I'm glad you enjoyed a stroll through DTD and got to see the DL Hotel. It's lovely! I was also happy to see that you stopped by the Rose Court Garden and got a picture there! Yay!! (Thanks for thinking of me too! I'm still bummed we couldn't coordinate a meeting when you were out here. :/ )

    I really dislike the ESPN Zone. I've eaten there twice and I have yet to truly enjoy my meal. I think people go more for the atmosphere.

    Can't wait to hear all about your engagement (secretly "just married") shoot ;)

    ReplyDelete