Pages

April 27, 2012

Day 72, 28th October 2011. Disney's California Adventure.


We had kind of a lay in this morning, because California Adventure doesn't open until 10am, so we got up at 8.30am. Had breakfast in the room again and got there for opening. I think the gates opened at 9.30am, so we went straight to get fastpasses for tonights World of Color show. I was a bit of a stresser about getting a good view point from the show, I'd researched it like a crazy person on the internet before we left, and even printed off loads of pages of tips on how to get the best spot... then I left it at home in England HAHA. So we just got our fastpasses and hoped for the best.

First ride was Ariel's Undersea Adventures again, it wasn't even 10am yet, but it was open, so it would have been rude of us not to ride it.


Then we waited behind the rope for Paradise Pier to open with all the other marathon runners waiting for Toy Story Mania. Gary gets extremely competitive in these situations and does not feel happy unless he is the very first person on the ride. Of course I am not the fastest marathon runner so we never are first. Although, once we were first ones on ToT in Paris, it was a proud moment. Anyway, we were ready for our race to Toy Story Mania. I kept wanting to go off and take photos and Gary kept telling me off for not taking the race seriously. Aaaah if there's anyone reading this who doesn't understand Disney, then you will be thinking what the hell am I talking about.




The ropes were dropped and we were off! We were nowhere near winning the race, but we only had to line up for like 5 minutes so it was a victory in my eyes. Toy Story Mania is mine and Gary's all time favorite Disney ride. (ok that might be a lie, we have a lot of all time favorite rides, but this is definitely one of them). I could literally ride it all day and never get bored.

First things first, 3D glasses picture


The ride was amazing as usual, although Gary was disappointed that he didn't get a score high enough to be on the leader board. Next we went on the big Mickey Mouse ferris wheel.




I was totally not expecting what this wheel did. We of course picked the moving cages, and they were insane, I can see why some people would not like them, they were swinging and rolling all over the place. We found it really fun though, trying to make it swing even harder.



We also went on the Goofy's Sky School coaster which was really fun, much better than it looked, and then we had some Photopass photos taken. I hate them I look really ugly, but I thought I'd share them anyway.




We started walking over to the other side of the park, passing Lightning McQueen and Mater on the way


Had some more Photopass's done


LOVE this photo...


We went on the Monsters Inc ride, which again was something I was super excited about because they don't have it at any of the other parks. Monsters Inc is one of my favorite Disney films so I thought it was really cool. There is a bit where you are riding through the door room with all the doors swinging around you, that was my favorite part, it was done so well I really did feel like we were in the film.





Roz at the end is so funny, she speaks to you, and she made a joke about Gary having his eyes on her HAHA


Next was Muppet Vision 3D, exactly the same as the Florida version, but always a good show


Of course you know by now to expect a 3D glasses picture



We then wandered around the park for a little, looking in shops and we got some grapes and sat and ate them. After that we went into the Art of Animation building and saw some cool stuff, like the Toy Story zoetrope, which was so good.




Then we went to see the Aladdin musical, which was really good. Even Gary enjoyed it, and he's not usually into that kind of thing.








By the time the show was over, it was mid afternoon and we left the park because I needed togo and buy some new denim shorts, because all of mine were too big now. We went in Quicksilver in Downtown Disney, but they didn't have any that I liked in my size. So I decided we had to go to the Anaheim Gardenwalk because I really really needed some shorts. We went into Hollister and they didn't even have any shorts in there. Luckily I did manage to get some shorts in another store in the Gardenwalk and they were on sale for $15 too!

Once I had my shorts, we went back to the room, to shower and get ready to go back to the park this evening. Before we went to the park we went for dinner at Mimi's (again), which was nice as usual. We were addicted to the tomato soup, it was so nice. I'm not a huge fan of soup, but I could eat that soup every day it was so good. After dinner it seemed really cold outside, so we went back to the room to change into warmer clothes before we went back to the park to see World of Color.

With our warmer clothes on, we made our way back to California Adventure. I was beyond excited to see World of Color. Last year when we were considering wether we should visit Disneyland as part of this trip or not because we had no money, I saw a clip of World of Color on youtube and then there was no way that we could miss it. It was my biggest must-see while we were in Disneyland, I had come here to see it even though we couldn't afford it, so tonight was a big night for me.

When we arrived at the park, we went straight to Paradise Pier because we knew it would be busy already (it was). We waited in line for about 20 minutes before they finally let us into the viewing area. I can't remember what section we were in, but I think it was blue. Also, we happened to be standing in the right place at the right time and we got front row spaces!!! So all my stressing about how to get in the right place at the right time was so un-needed, we were just lucky and got a great space :)


We still had over a hour wait for the show to start, so I just took photos and we passed the time playing games.







Finally it was time for the show to start and it was A-MA-ZING. There is not really much I can say about it really, it was just a perfect Disney show, the best I've ever seen, and they should bring it to Orlando! My photos don't really do it justice, but if you haven't seen it, youtube it, you will not be disappointed.



It was kind of like Fantasmic, mixed with the Epcot wayer fountains, but on a bigger scale. The music that went along with it was perfect. Disney really know how to set things to music in the most magical way. There are no words for how good this show is, you just have to see it. I also love how the whole 'Wonderful World of Color' theme goes back to an old Disney show that was on years ago, because I love anything to do with Disney history.




You can't really get a better sight than this can you.... probably like the best photo I've ever taken




When the show was over, there was only one thing that could put the cherry on top of the cake. The ultimate way to end a Disney day, Tower of Terror at night. So we started to walk over there.


Aaaaahhhhh I love the way it looks at night


Got there and the line was 45 minutes long, I was so upset!! but then a kind stranger gave us fastpasses that they were not going to use that started in 5 minutes time! I love how lovely people can be to each other in Disney. So we got to have our night time Tower of Terror ride :)


My favorite bit is when the doors open at the top before you drop and you get to see the views over the park at night. Best feeling ever. 

When we got off the ride it was definitely time for bed, went back to the room and went straight to sleep. It had been the best night ever, one of those perfect Disney nights that makes you realize why you just love going there so much.

1 comment:

  1. Your WOC pics turned out great. I'm glad the endless research paid off for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete