Pages

May 07, 2012

Day 80/81, 5th/6th November 2011. Tauranga, New Zealand


These next 2 days are so boring that I will condense them into one post to get them over and done with.

Saturday the 5th we woke up really late, like midday, and then at about 1pm we went into town with Fabian and Treena. They were meeting some friends for coffee and me and Gary went to do some shopping. Gary wanted to get some new clothes but didn't end up getting anything. I on the other hand, got a really cute blue and white striped dress that I am so in love with, and a t-shirt as well. I also bought the first Twilight book as Kirsty had convinced me to read it because she is in love with them. We went to get some lunch at Subway. Subway in NZ is terrible, I would not reccomend it at all. They didn't even have ketchup.

When we were finished and we met up with Fabian and Treena again, we all went to the supermarket, and I got myself a bottle of ketchup to keep with me at all times LOL what a freak. When we got in I started reading my Twilight book, and it was good, much better than the film. We also did some laundry.
For dinner, Treena made some sweet and sour chicken with rice, which was nice. We had planned to go bowling this evening but no one really felt like it, so the boys played on the playstation all night and I read my book and played on the iPad.

When it got late enough that it was morning time in the UK, we skyped with our niece Abby which was really fun, it was so nice to see her, she had grown up so much in the time we had been away. After that we went to sleep.

On Sunday 6th we slept in again until about 11am. We really were stuck in a sleepy rut. Fabian and Treena had gone out to his parents house, so we just ate some cereal and waited for them to return. I wanted to have a shower but our towels were not dry still after doing laundry yesterday afternoon, so I couldn't.

At about 1pm, Fabian and Treena got back and asked if we wanted to go to the mall with them. Well of course I wanted to go shopping, so off we went! I had a bit of a shocking moment when I looked on the mall map to see where Forever 21 and Victoria's Secret were, only to be hit with the realization that we were not in the USA any more. However, I did find a store that sold really cute pajamas and they were on sale, so then I was happy again. Gary and Fabian spent agessssssss in a DVD store, so me and Treena spent ages in the pajama store and I got 2 pairs. We went in some clothes stores too but I didn't find anything I liked.

We then went into a department store because Treena was looking for an outfit for a wedding. While she was in the dressing room, I had a little walk over to the beauty counters to look for a particular item, thinking that they would no way sell it in NZ because they had only just come out in the UK. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that they had what I was looking for, Muppet OPI nail polishes!! I was SO excited, I bought 2 of them, and they had an offer on, if you got 2 polishes you got a shatter free. I actually don't really like shatter nail polishes, I think they look super ugly, but I quite like my metallic POTC silver, so I got a metallic gold, thats actually really nice, I think it looks like a mermaid's tail.

So I was a very happy girl with my new pajamas and OPI's and Gary had bought himself an LA Lakers basketball (I think it's basketball, I don't really know much about sport) shirt. He had looked for one for ages when we were in the USA and he couldn't find one, and now we were in another country and he finally found it haha!

On the way back we stopped to get some Fish and Chips. I didn't really like it at all. The batter on the fish was really thick and soggy, and the chips were so salty. Gary also got a deep fried Moro bar, which is a chocolate bar that's popular in NZ. It was covered in batter and fried like fish. We knew it would be gross but he wanted to try it. Gary actually enjoyed it, but I had one tiny bite because he made me and I felt like I was going to puke for the next 12 hours. Literally the grossest greasiest thing I have ever tasted. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth and it was just awful.

Me trying on Gary's huge shirt, it was a dress on me!


I spent the evening playing with my new nail polishes, nothing could take that happiness away from me :)





I was feeling a bit fed up this evening, I was really missing America, and home a little bit (but mostly America lol) and I felt sick from that gross fried chocolate bar. I spent the evening in our room on my own making friendship bracelets (haha its a therapeutic activity for me to do) and listening to songs that reminded me of America. I ate an apple but it still didn't get rid of the horrible taste in my mouth, and went to sleep quite early.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you found a Lakers shirt in NZ and not in L.A. If you had had more time at Citywalk, you would've walked to the other end and seen a sports store that carries all of those jerseys! lol They seriously have entire sections dedicated to all the local teams. Maybe next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete